At Leeds West Academy, our school house system gives students a chance to develop their leadership skills and build a sense of community. We do this through a programme of events and activities organised throughout the year.
We have four houses, each representing significant sites of history in Yorkshire.
Weekly points Total 2021-22
|4th October 2021||36721||34049||34354||32290|
|11th October 2021||52841||52111||52679||50822|
|4th October 2021||91.2%||90.9%||91.3%||90.5%|
|11th October 2021||91.4%||91.4%||91.6%||90.7%|
Term Winners 2021-22
|2021 - 2022||Kirkstall||Bolton||Ripley||Howard|
|Half Term 1||1st||4th||3rd||2nd|
|Half Term 2|
|Half Term 3|
|Half Term 4|
|Half Term 5|
|Half Term 6|
|2019 - 20||4th||2nd||1st||3rd|
|2020 - 21||2nd||4th||1st||3rd|
|2021 - 22|
The House Captains for 2020/21 as voted by our students:
Our house mottos have been created by our students, which represent what they value the most:
"Dream Big, Start Small"
"Try Harder, Achieve Bigger"
"Be Kind, Be Creative, Be a Friend"
"Don't Just Imagine, Make it Happen"
We organise new events every term so keep checking this page for updates:
- Halloween Bake-off (Please send pictures of your spooky cakes to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 23rd October)
- Black History Month Activities
- Remembrance Sunday - Poppy Making
- Children in Need Pledges
- Year 7 - will be working with First Give to win £1000 for their chosen charity
- Year 8 - will be working with ENACTUS to raise awareness for social causes that are close to them.
So far 2020/21:
Created House Mottos
Staff Vs. Students Badminton
Charity Fundraising for Children in Need
Golden Ticket Competition