To be an exceptional and responsive academy sponsor providing life-changing education, skills and experiences for individuals in our academies and in their communities.
- We believe that education can transform lives
- We respect the individual, relishing the contribution that diversity brings
- We strive to be the best we can be, actively and with pride
- We look after our environment to keep it safe, healthy and inclusive
- We lead by example and work as a team
- We take responsibility for our own actions and are active in finding solutions to any problems
- We respond flexibly to the needs of students & take advantage of opportunities in the City of Leeds and the wider world
Leeds West Academy LAB Members
Dan Whieldon - Acting Principal / Ex-officio
Cllr. Caroline Gruen - Chair
02/09/2020 - 01/09/2023
Leadership and Governance
13/01/2019 - 12/01/2022
Kate is Leeds born and bred. She is a Clinical Psychologist who spent the the first 18 years of her career working locally, with 5 years spent leading Psychology and Counselling services for adults in West Leeds, including Bramley and Rodley.
Carol Layall - College Nominee - Quality of Education
01/09/2020 - 31/08/2023
Natasha Armitage-Evans - College Nominee - Vice Chair
01/09/2020 - 22/11/2023
Darren Finlay - Board Nominee
02/09/2020 - 01/09/2023
Staff matters, Health and Safety
Gillian Knutsson - Board Nominee
15/01/2018 – 15/01/2021
Behaviour and Closing the Gap
Donna Hobson - Support Staff - Elected28/01/2020 - 27/02/2023
Donna is the Support Staff governor at Leeds West Academy. Donna has close ties with the wider school community as she has lived in Bramley most of her life...
Josh Gray - Staff Governor - Teaching
30/09/2019 - 29/02/2022
Joshua is the Director of Achievement at Leeds West Academy.
Jane Brown - Parent Governor
19/11/2019 - 18/11/2022
Jane brings varied experience and valuable skills to the board , having worked with children and young people for many years, including looked after children and young people with learning and physical challenges. Jane is experienced in safeguarding and restorative practice and is currently working in adult social care.
LAB Register of Interests 2020-21
LAB Attendance Register
LWA LAB Member List
Click here to view LWA LAB Member List - 2020
The White Rose Academies Trust - Board of Directors / Trustees
Click here to view the full details of the WRAT Board of Directors.